Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded higher education scholarship program runned by the Republic of Türkiye for international students. The primary purpose of Türkiye Scholarships is to provide equal opportunities to successful students around the world in order to receive them
Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded higher education scholarship program run by the Republic of Türkiye for international students.
For many years, Türkiye has been providing scholarship opportunities to international students and researchers from all over the world.Higher education scholarship programs provided by Turkey were branded as “Türkiye Scholarships” in 2012 and studies were started to be carried out under the coordination of Presidency for Turks Abroad and Related Communities(YTB).Türkiye Scholarships are carried out in cooperation with all relevant institutions such as YÖK, Yurt – Kur, General Directorate of Migration Management and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The World’s Most Comprehensive Scholarship Program:
Türkiye Scholarships is considered to be the most comprehensive scholarships in the world with the possibility of university and department placement, monthly scholarships, tuition fees, health insurance, accommodation, Turkish language course, flight tickets and free academic and cultural programs. Türkiye Scholarships provide international students with the opportunity to study and receive scholarships at the most prestigious universities in Türkiye.
Türkiye Scholarships provide international students with the opportunity to study and receive scholarships at the most prestigious universities in Türkiye.
Why Türkiye Scholarships?
A Comprehensive and Unique Scholarship Program:
Türkiye Scholarships considers everything that international students will need during their academic studies while discovering Turkey and acquiring new skills.
- * Provides university and department placements unlike other higher education scholarship programs.
- * Covers tuition fees.
- * Allows you to learn the language of the country study with 1-year Turkish language course. Thus, resources are diversified in your academic research and daily life becomes more pleasurable.
- * Provides accommodation for students arriving in a new country.
- * Supports you on your journey to Turkey and when you return to your country at the end of your education period and covers your once-off flight ticket.
- * Allows you to take full advantage of widespread health services when necessary with health insurance.
- * Also provides monthly stipend. 1000 TL at undergraduate level, 1,400 TL at Master’s level and 1,800 TL at PhD level per month
Minimum Academic Achievement:
- For undergraduate candidates: 70%
- For graduate candidates: 75%
- For candidates of Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy): 90%
- For undergraduate programs: being under the age of 21
- For master’s programs: being under the age of 30
- For PhD programs: being under the age of 35
- For Research Scholarship: being under the age of 45
- Citizens of all countries
- Graduates or those who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022)
- Researchers and academics
- Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship
- Individuals who are currently enrolled in programs in Turkish universities at the level of education will apply.
General Application Period:
|Application Period||January 10 – February 20|
|Interview Period||June – July|
|Announcement of Results||Early August|
|Transfers of Grantees to Türkiye||September|
|Evaluation Process and Announcement of Results||November|
|Evaluation Process and Announcement of Results||April|
|Evaluation Process and Announcement of Results||July|
|Evaluation Process and Announcement of Results||October|
|Evaluation Process and Announcement of Results||January|
How To Apply?
5 Steps to Applying:
For applications made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS), all candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
- A valid identity document, ID card or passport
- A photograph of the candidate taken within the last 1 year
- National exam results (if any)
- Diploma or temporary graduation certificate
- International exam results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if required by the chosen university or program
- International language test results such as TOEFL, DELF if required by the chosen university or program
- A proposal for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out (only for PhD applications)
Many programs in Turkish universities are taught in Turkish language. However, some departments and universities may offer programs in English and other languages. Candidates who wish to study in such programs must be able to provide an internationally accepted language proficiency certificate. (TOEFL or other equivalent certifications if university officially stated acceptable). Most of these programs require international admission test results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.). Candidates can check the language of instruction while choosing programs in the application system.
Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores, will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language medium programs) must attend 1-year Turkish Language Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
Evaluation and Selection Process:
Applications for Türkiye Scholarships are considered according to the candidate’s academic success, social activities and motivation related to the chosen field.
All applications are examined on the basis of basic criteria such as minimum academic achievement, age limits set for each level of education, and required documents
Applications from eligible candidates; are considered by the Expert Committee in terms of various criteria such as academic status, previous qualifications, academic interests, career goals, consistency of preferences, content of the letter of intent, and participation in social activities.
After this stage, the final list of eligible candidates for the interview process is set.
A 30-question quantitative test consisting of mathematics, geometry, and logic questions is held for undergraduate candidates prior to the face-to-face interviews conducted by the Presidential Delegations.
The tests are going to be held prior to the interview in order to evaluate the candidates applying to the fields of health sciences, science and engineering the fields which take the greater number of applications compared to other disciplines. Tests are also going to be held for candidates applying in the field of social sciences, and the results will be evaluated in comparison among other applicants within the field.
The test will include questions that require explanations, which will be provided both in Turkish and English, and questions that do not require translation. Since English sources are frequently used in basic courses at health, science, and engineering programs in Turkey like many other countries around the world, candidates applying in these fields are expected to demonstrate a sufficient level of English to be able to comprehend and respond to the test’s questions.
Despite the fact that the test take the country’s educational curricula into account, questions have been developed in line with Turkish curriculum as well. Undergraduate candidates who are going to be studying in Turkey are expected to be familiar with the core of Turkish curriculum.
Face-to-face interviews will take place on the same day as the test, and will be conducted in morning and afternoon sessions. Candidates will be informed of their test and interview timeslot when they receive their invitations to the interview.
Candidates will have 60 minutes to complete the 30-question test.
Click here to access the mock exam consisting of sample questions.
Click here to access the answer key.
Note 1: For those applying from Azerbaijan, 50 questions consist of mathematics, geometry, and logic. For those applying from Greece and the TRNC, 50 questions consist of Turkish, mathematics, science, and social sciences. The tests in these countries will be held during a single session for all candidates who receive an invitation for an interview. Face-to-face interviews will be held during the days immediately following the exam. The candidates will receive their timeslots for the exam together with their interview invitation.
Note 2: In addition, in countries like Afghanistan and Sudan, where applications are plentiful, the Presidency may organize 80 to 100-question exams depending on the number of applicants.
Candidates selected from more than 100 countries in the final list are evaluated by interview committees consisting of academics and experts.
The interview, which usually lasts 15-30 minutes, is carried out in the following format:
- Welcome and entrance
- Check of documents
- Purpose of the candidate’s application
- Academic knowledge and career goals
- Closing and candidate questions to the committee
Candidates invited for the interview are required to bring all the documents and certificates of the latest education they have completed to the interview.
The results of the interviews of applicants conducted by the interview committees are evaluated by a selection committee and a list of applicants who will receive scholarships is created.
At this final evaluation stage, the general eligibility of the candidate for Türkiye Scholarships is evaluated.